Saturday 13 November 2010

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

I know that Remembrance Day was on the 11th, but I hope you can understand why i have held off this post. You see I am one of many ex soldiers in UKIP, and it is the Sunday nearest to the 11th that resonates as our real Remembrance day.
All across the British military, best boots will be bulled up and No2 Dress ready to be worn tomorrow, along with the many medals that our servicemen and woman are wearing nowadays.  I was lucky in my time in the Army, I caught a bit of the Gulf war,,,1st one, and some time in what was Yugoslavia, and of course the Duty tour of Northern Ireland, when things were still going bang. But I was lucky, because the dangers I faced are nothing compared to the first and second world wars and what our troops have to face in the hell hole that is Afghanistan.
All our servicemen and woman really are the best of British, and they stand for everything that makes me proud to be British. I have come across many liberals and leftists who openly sneer at our brave heroes, it's almost like they forget the reason why they are able to live in a free, democratic country. No doubt they will have empathy for the poor Muslims who thought it would be good to disrupt the remembrance day parade in London , by spouting pure hate and bile towards our hero's.
Anyone who who thinks they had a right to protest is as far as I'm am concerned a traitor to our nation.
Our nation exists only because people were prepared to fight for it and die for it. They really did die for our future, we really do owe them everything. And if you cant take a few minutes to remember them, and I am talking deep thoughtful remembrance, not some show bowing of the head, I am talking about the gut felt remembrance that I  and all other veterans feel. Then as far as I am concerned you have no right to consider yourself British, and you have no right to have a say in how this nation is run.
Tomorrow I will be on the remembrance parade standing proud, not for me but for those that cant be there, because I know if I had to make the ultimate sacrifice, they would stand proud for me.
This is something the lefties and the liberals will never be able to grasp, that solidarity and bond that comes from those that signed that contract as youngsters with their nation, a contract that expected you to give your life if needed, a contract we were happy to sign, because like all of those that cant be here today, we are,  and always will be proud to be British.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them

No comments: